Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #43

Travels with The Who..Part 4
I'm not sure where the three concerts were held in Chicago back in 71 or 72
but I think it ended with Hall..a small theatre type place with great
acoustics!  We left the Watertower Hotel with the group and we waited  while
Patti Labelle performed with her group.  I remember Wiggy giving my girlfriend
and me a Who's Next album and all of them signed it for us. ( It is now in a
shadow box I made, along with other memoribillia).  There was quite a bit of
anxiety and energy flowing backstage as they waited.  All I know is there was
so much energy that I felt like I was going to perform myself!  We were told
that we could stay off to the side of the stage during the concert while they
performed.
That night, seeing them perform up close for the first time...well it was an
experience better than anything I could ever imagine!  I was totally straight
and I can only say that it was a total..out of the body experience for
me...like I was entering heaven or something!   The energy, sound and artistry
from these four men was simply overwhelming and from that night on I was
addicted to The Who.  My life would never be the same again.
To Be Continued...
I'm in tune...and I'm gonna tune...right in on you...PT