All Who, all the time!

I promise, this letter will be COMPLETELY Who-related,
so here we go....

First up:  I was feeling really unhappy two days ago after
getting some disappointing news (non-Who-related),
so I put on A QUICK ONE to help take my mind off it.
I have to say that the Who really helps when you're pissed
about something!  After a few songs, I was feeling much
better.  Great music for letting off tension.  And I think AQO
is probably one of the more underrated albums in the Who's
catalogue.  Sure, it's nowhere in the league of WHO'S NEXT
or their Top Five, but it's still a solid effort with some fine
material, even the non-Townshend written songs.  I like
"Run, Run, Run", "Boris The Spider", "I Need You", "Whiskey
Man"--hell, there's almost the whole first side!  Their version
of "Heat Wave" is a great cover, too.  And, of course, "A Quick
One (While He's Away)" is just a super "mini-opera".  I'm
such a dope; this is the first time I listened that I got the lyrical
(not musical, I'd known about that) connection with TOMMY,
in that they both deal with cheating wives whose husbands
return and discover their infidelity.  Of course, AQO ends much
more happily.  The bonus tracks rock, too--I love "Batman",
"Disguises" and "I've Been Away"!

Second, to Cheryl, Pamela, Imone, "KHanc", Carol Z.,
Janice, Carla and those "Glittering Girls" that answered
via e-mail:  WOW!  I had no idea there were so many
Who Women out there my age or even older!!  How
come we don't post on this list more often?  I thought
it was all guys.  Nice to meet you all and thanks for
answering!  Boy, I'm glad there are lots of women with
good taste in music like me!

Last:  I had the radio on last night driving home from
work and was tired of hearing U2's newest single on
modern rock, so I flipped to the local classic rock station.
They had just begun playing "Eminence Front" (unusual;
that's not typically played much), and since that song
is reason enough for IT'S HARD existing, of course I
listened.  Immediately, something I'd never noticed before
struck me:  Pete's vocals were panned in the mix almost entirely
from one speaker--and, of course, it was the speaker on
the right side of the car.  This was incredibly annoying, as
I could barely hear his voice.  So my question is:  Has
"Eminence Front" always been mixed like that?  I didn't
notice it on the rereleased CD, but then again, Pete's
voice might just be issuing from the speaker nearest
my ears (I have a lousy speaker setup near my computer,
unfortunately).

Thanks for listening & have a great weekend!

--Carolyn
"It's just an eminence front...it's a put-on"