P.J. Proby, politics,lucky old us !

Hi there Whofolk, I managed to see a couple of the shows with P.J.
(an ancient relic of the early 60's apparently long since forgotten,
Christ! where did  they find him?!) I thought that He was Ok but only
Ok. I saw Gary Glitter too and thought that He was much better,the
Hyde Park gig was paticularly good. However,nothing compares to when
Roger and Pete sang and played it originally. The definate article!
(chuckle!)  It was inevitable that the politics and the troubles of
Bill Clinton  would indeed appear on the list,after all,it is a
serious matter and also historical which many Americans and in fact
the world may or may not see again for a long time. So I have no problem
with people wnting to talk about it as long as it does not go on and on
and take precedent over what we're all here for, notably
to disscuss The Oo'. etc... I think that we,us,you,the Who's fans
were lucky that they got back together at all to do those Quad tours.
You Physcoderelicts out there should say a mighty big thankyou to
Pete,Roger and John for deciding to play again,and making us feel
good. The excitement level was as good as it ever was. We should be
honouring these guys and thanking them for giving us over 35 years
of great music and great times,not criticising them and saying this
sucked and that sucked etc... If that's all you have to say,it's
better not to say it. I say thanks to pete,Roger and John, and let's
hope we get lucky again. !!
P.S. I meant to say earlier,Nice idea Brian,about James Brown.
Also to Howard. P. Don't feel too bad, I wished I could have seen em'
at the Railway Hotel and the marquee!
            Regards, Derick.