Starr Whores; PsychoD; I'm Free

Good morning Campers!

I've been silently digesting some of the latest posts, especially this Clinton stuff, hoping it would go away.  But alas, it will not.  Oh well.  It would be easier for me to understand if Mr. Bill played with The Who, recorded with The Who, partied with The Who or even banged some Who groupies, but to my knowledge, I've never heard of such activity.  I hope you can understand my confusion as the why the Bill Clinton odd-essy is included in a Who discussion group.  Frankly, I'm disgusted with the whole process:  Dems, GOPs, etc, etc... we all should be.  Oh well, that's my 2.5 cents worth about that.

PsychoD (music only):  I didn't know that the music only version was out of print or no longer in music stores.  I do highly recommend it, if the dialogue version is too much for anyone.  What I like most about it (aside from the excellent songs) is the fact that it's the first solo album of Pete's in a long, long time where he plays all guitars - no guest guitarists.  I just love his playing.  If you can't find it in any first-hand record stores, try a used record/CD store.  I've seen it in the Used bin many times.

I'm Free:  Saw a government Anti Drug pulic service ad on TV the other day.  It had "I'm Free" from the Tommy Film Soundtrack as it's background music.  I never really realized just how good that version is.  No other Who reference to the ad; just the music.

Finally, I was listening to Husker Du's "The Living End" (a kind of "The Best of..." live album) and remembered somebody post here that it was a great album.  They were right!  That made me think of some of the recent posts about REM and the other "great" American bands.  To have a list without Husker Du on it, is no list at all.  Not to mention The Replacements too.  No - neither band has huge record sales, but great sales do not a great band make.

Okay, I'm done rambling for now.  Peace off.

Jim in Chicago

"...I'm wet and I'm cold, but thank God I ain't old."  PT