Parting should be painless

Brian Cady wrote:

> February 1984 (15 Years Ago)
>
> On the 17th, Roger's first solo album for WEA Records, "Parting Should Be
> Painless," is released in the U.K.  It does not make the charts.

I remember seeing a video on NBC's Friday Night Videos (it was NBC, wasn't it?) for
a single from this album.  All I remember about the song is that it was rather limp,
and the video featured Roger stumbling around a boxing ring looking pretty out of
it... I mean, like he didn't even know what the video was about!  I certainly
didn't.  Perhaps the video director didn't know either, hence Roger's appearance of
apathy.

Long Live Rock!

Howard P.