Re: deep end video

Hi all!  I pretty much hide in the back, but seeing a question I actually
know something about, I figured I'd pop out and wave my arm around.  :)

> Speaking of Pete videos, I have rarely seen any besides LMLOTD, saw
> Rough Boys once and Slit Skirts twice, but hear he made several.
> I hear/read/have fuzzy memories that there is one for Uniforms and
> Face Dances Part II, A Friend Is A Friend and English Boy?
> Anybody seen 'em?

	I've seen the Face Dances Part II and Uniforms, they're on a video
collection of all the vids (I believe) made for Chinese Eyes.  It has a very
non-helpful name like "Pete Townshend."  I believe it was made in some sort
of conjunction with MTV, so they might be who put it out.

	It also has the videos for Slit Skirts, Communication, Exquisitely
Bored, and for most of the songs off the album, if not all of them  (yes,
Prelude included)-- I'd do a listing, but I've not got a copy around.  It
also has little bits of Pete talking about the album and things interspersed
in it, and all in all is pretty cool.  They come up on eBay every once in a
while.

	Anyway, the Uniforms vid is rather amusing, Pete's dressed as a
waiter and goes about doling out drinks to people acting like robots.  And
the Face Dances one features odd puppet heads.  (there's an incentive to go
see it right there, I'm sure).

> Why do they (Pete and the Who) have so much stuff that we know exists but is extremely hard to get? Don't they know there are consumers willing to fork over money?
> It must be the record companies' faults.

	Well, this one I'd expect just didn't sell.  I can't see it beinga
very consumer-demanded thing.  :)

--Carrie