RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #306

> 1. Meeting The Ox & talking briefly with him on a sidewalk outside a small
> club in Cleveland in 1988.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  YOU BASTARD!!!!  :)

>  interview with Rog saying that the keith
> movie looks sorted and should be underway within the year(surely 2000 and
> not 1999??)
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Any word on who is playing Keith???  This has
been on my mind since the discussion many months ago about how Mike Myers
would be the perfect person.  I totally agree!!!.  Look at some pictures of
Keith taken back around the time of Who's Next while he's wearing langere
(ok I can't spell---I mean women's underwear).  One picture that comes to
mind is of Keith posing with his pinkey kind of touching his lower lip (very
seductive Keith!).  Now think of Dr. Evil's pose with the pinky touching his
lower lip.  Is this a coincidence??  I THINK NOT!!!

> Adn since we're on the subject what is everyone else favortie groups
> besides
> The Who.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'm all over the place on this.  Beatles, some
Stones (Ya, Ya's), Soundgarden, Police (pissed when Sting went solo), Sex
Pistols, Suicidal Tendencies, some Alice and Chains, Janice J., Jimi, Stevie
Ray, Cake, Alanis M., Parliament, Uncle Frank (Zappa), Nirvana, PJ, Quick
Sand,............MIND YOU, ALL DISTANT SECONDS!!

> From: Kentthe1@aol.com
> 3. I'm One - Pure poetry, power and frailty all wrapped up in one.

	 I'm One
>    - the song's lyrics speak to me and have guided me through some of
> life's lesser moments.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]
	It pained me to leave this off of my list. Truly a masterpiece if
there ever was one.

	GREATEST LIVE EXPERIENCES (This is fun!)
	(no order)
	1) Naked Eye at VA Beach Quad '97 (see previous post).
	2) Can't remember if I told this story here or on PT site. If it was
here, sorry for the repeat.  Woodstock reunion.  At the end right before
Pete introduced the band, I was chanting YOU-YOU-YOU and bowing like "we're
not worthy".  Pete went through his introductions, and then said "well, I
guess that leaves just MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! , and began to pirouette back and
forth across the stage!!!  He then stopped, and looked right at me (2nd row
center) and said in a typical sarcastic Pete voice and kind of laughing at
me (although still very kind) YYOOOOOUUUU.   My eyes got that tunnel vision
and I felt totally alone for just a moment there as I realized Pete and I
just connected.  I then turned to confirmed with my good buddy Stu (who by
the way is one of the biggest Who heads I know, but unfortunately doesn't
have a computer - same guy who kept me out of jail at the VA Beach show by
not letting me rush the stage) that what happened really happened.  I could
tell from his shocked expression and stupid smile that it did.
	3) Quad show Nissan Pavilion '97 (5th row Ox side)- After the show,
the three stood center stage to accept applause.  Suddenly Pete stuck his
head under Rogers arm and gave that "cute Pete" look.  For a moment there
you could feel the love.  The entire crowd went "Awwww".

	Stay in tune,
	Kevin