Memorable Live WHO Moments

#3  WEMBLEY 1979

Because of the wonderful Scottish fella who took the then 17 year old under
his wing during the whole show and kept pulling me back out of harms way
when the crowd got too "enthusiastic."  With my being from Georgia (Jimmy
Carter was then president) all he knew about Georgia was peanuts.  This
sweetheart actually went to the concession stand and brought me back some
because he thought I would love to eat them.  I didn't have the heart to
tell him I really didn't care for them and so ate them anyway.  He also kept
trying to make me say "ya'll."

#2  ATLANTA 1980

Front row - right under Entwistle.  He was flinging pics out left and right.
Both my friends got one and so I  yelled to him on stage "I want a pic,
too!"  He said back to me, "You want one of these?" Holding it up.  My
friend took a photo at that exact moment so I have a wonderful photo of him
looking straight at us holding up the pic.  However, at that moment, Won't
Get Fooled Again kicked in and the crowd pressed toward the stage....there
went my pic.  Later backstage, John drew one for me on a piece of paper and
autographed it - I have an original JAE piece of artwork!

#1  ATLANTA 1994

Without a doubt, this was one of those "I could have died and my life would
have been complete." moments.  Chastain Amphitheatre.  Daltrey Sings
Townshend tour.  Pouring rain.  Roger standing at the front of the stage, no
shirt, arms outstretched, head thrown back in the pouring rain singing "Love
Reign O'er Me."  Still gives me chills.

Carol Z.