Re: Top Three WHO Songs

This is a tough thing to pick 3....... so here goes
Join together:
Why ....Because its just perfect Ive always loved it and thought the riff
was just a build to excitement.  And its the first song that got me into the
Who and made me take them seriously as a band that meant something.  A group
of guys that wanted to unite the audience.  Rather than berate them and
attack them like every other group.  And i never get tired of hearing it.
And once i heard the live version on the Giants Stadium '89 video I was just
blown away, Roger sounds incredible It sounds like The Who when they were
happy to be in the band and happy to be alive.
The Real Me
Why.......
Best "rock" song on Quadrophenia.  Its like a train out of control.  The
next song to make me get into the Who even more.  I heard it when i was 18
and it just was my anthem for an entire year of confusion as i left high
school and wanted to show my real self rather than what I had been told i
should be like.   Funny thing I actually was going out with a beautiful girl
who lived in a "Yellow house" at the time,, and she had broken up with me
about the time i left for college. and She  wanted nothing to do with me
Because of my association with a certain crowd.  This song proved to be a
potent therapy for me to say the least.

The song is over:
Why.....
Well this is my Current anthem.  Whenever I hear Roger belt "Ill sing my
song to the wideopen Spaces''''Infinite Seas"""""  I just have to stand up
and sing out loud.  Its like get over your problems and get going with your
life!!!!!  It reminds me that i have alot to say and  I want to be heard,
musically and otherwise.  That may not be exactly what the songs about but
thats what it says to me.
Well thats it for me No i didnt pick any artistically  challenging songs but
thats another list..  :^)
drew