Who Favorites

This top 3 is always changing but at the moment looks like (in no particular order)

We're Not Gonna Take It/See Me... (IOW)
   - i love how as the song goes on the tempo becomes more frantic, the solos more intense, and the vocals more urgent.  To get the full effect, though, you have to listen from the beginning of the Tommy segment.

I'm One
   - the song's lyrics speak to me and have guided me through some of life's lesser moments.  also a favorite because of the juxtaposition of the introspective/Pete&guitar and the full band eruption.

Baba O'Riley
   - like someone else said, how can you no like this song?  i've turned more people onto the who using this song that it's power and appeal cannot be disputed.

Live moments
   though i have seen the boys only twice as a group in 96 and 97.  i have seen them all solo once as well.  favorite group moment would be Roger ad libbing, "won't get, wont get, wont get, wont get FUCKING fooled again!" during the final bars of WGFA during the 97 Camden show.  He didnt say it on the MSG boot i had and the word is absent on other versions i've heard from those shows.  it showed me, if only for an instant, that inside of those 50 yr old men passion remains.
    favorite solo moment was form the pete woodstock show were jon carin(sp?) skipped over much of Little Is Enough.  just a nice comical moment.  pete and the rest of the band seemed to think so as well.

---
Be kind, be real, or get out of my face
                              -- Pete Townshend

HotBot - Search smarter.