favorite who songs and why.  Reasons why are (obviously) up to you.  Don't
be hasty. Take some time.
	Let me start.
	#3) Getting in Tune. - (gee, how'd ya guess) - This song has always
(well, since about late High School - ahem, '83) been my song of focus.
Just like an instrument, we have times of getting out of tune/focus and
times of clarity.  When everything around me sucks, I try and remember this
song.  I also think this is one of Rogers strongest songs (singing).
Passion, anger, determination.  It's all here. Something about the lines
"I've got it all here in my head, there's nothing more needs to be said"
kind of says it all for me.
	#2) A Quick One While He's Away - Even before I knew who or what The
who was, this song invaded my consciousness.  I don't know how considering
no one around me (family) listened to Rock, let alone The who. But, when I
heard KAA, back came all sorts of childhood memories. Like I'd known the
song for a very long time.  Very strange.  Maybe it was the Roy Rogers
connection.  At any rate, A Quick One to me embodies all the faces of The
who.  Concept rock, humor, and a hard driving kick-fucking-ass jam at the
end that puts the exclamation point on what "The 'fuckin' Who" are all
about.  Raw power, but gentle and 'forgiving'.  Don't forget, "you're all
forgiven".
	BTW, I love the sarcastic classic Pete look and sound when he sings
the line "and later had a naaaap" at Monterey Pop Festival.  His expression
is just of complete disdain.  Killer!
	#1) Naked Eye -  Simply put, just the most masterful example of the
best band in the world using all of it's talents.  The drumming is with out
a doubt "bombastic".  The guitaring is perfect, and covers the entire
spectrum of emotions.  John's bass playing is up and down the neck.  And the
message of human duality/perception is great.  At the VA Beach Quad show in
'97, They played Naked Eye as an encore.   I went ballistic.  I never had
seen it played live.  My buddy literally had to hold me back from rushing
the stage (don't know what I would have done once I got there, but...) I've
never felt the kind of energy from the crowd or the band as I did then.
Everyone was going nuts.  Pete swirled his arm over and over.  A Who memory
that I'll keep forever.  It really did show the power of 'the note'.  If I
get hard of hearing in my old age (actually not funny, I'm getting some
pain) it will be because of this song and a too powerful car stereo!!
	Long Live The Who!
	Kevin in VT.