RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #304

> When I finally played "My Generation" from LIVE AT LEEDS, I was at first
> startled & then ecstatic !
> The tranquil beauty of Pete's quiet guitar segments, the fucking
> jaw-dropping brute force of the rest
> of the band when they came in like an avalanche, Daltrey both screaming in
> frustration & singing
> with apprehension, Moon, The Ox...........it all made perfect sense to me
> !!!  Listening to that song is
> like a mind-cleansing shower of noise & notes that comtinues to keep me
> "clean" & sane to this day !
> - - SCHRADE in Akron
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]
	As usual, Scott, you've got me bursting - feeling the way I did back
"in the day".  You've taken me back to when I first heard Leeds ('bout the
same time as you).  I started with Tommy, and Quad, and through Hooligans,
was introduced to their early works.  BUT, when I heard LEEDS, I quickly
realized why The who was considered the best Live Band ever.  It was awesome
to put all the different faces of The who (Rock-Opera band, Early-rock band,
Live Powerhouse band) together.  Name another band that has mastered so many
ways of playing/communicating music!!!???
	On any given weekend day, you can find me on my back deck air
guitaring loud LEEDS for mother nature.  The deer and other animals must all
be fans by now!

>  I don't rate Roger Daltry, though, because he
> can't sing live. It must have been all that running about making him out
> of
> breath.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  What??!!  OUCH!!??  I disagree!  He may get worn
down at times, but I've heard too many stellar live performances from ol'
Iron lungs!!!

	Stay in tune,
	Kevin in Vt.