No Subject

The Who at Shepherds Bush - I'm going!!! Woooooohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaah....
After HUGE hassles this morning (thanks for sweet fffffff-all Ticketmaster -
8.55 am - got a line through to an operator, no problem, only to be told -
at 8.59.30 - "you'll have to call back, tickets don't go on sale until 9.00
am - 09.00.30 - all lines busy, and stayed that way until 09.11.00. Got a
line, then on hold for 20 minutes, finally getting through to an operator
who could scarcely contain her mixed glee and contempt as she spat out "all
tickets have now been sold")
Eventually got through to the Empire's number, where a decent bloke calmed
me down and said the magic words - "Yes, downstairs standing, Wednesday the
22nd - no problem. Two tickets?" Waaaaayyyyy -heyyyyyy.

God, I'm 42, and I'm like a bloody kid. It's ALWAYS been like this. First
time I saw 'em (Newcastle Upon Tyne Odeon Nov 73 - yes, the night PT went
bananas with poor old Bobby Pridden), I queued overnight in howling gales,
rain, sleet and snow. But it was WORTH IT!

And now - Who gig no.15 beckons - and I just can't wait... Talk about kids
waiting up for Santa Claus... I remember seeing them on Dec 23 at
Hammersmith Odeon in 75 - and each seat had a little bag on it with a hat, a
balloon and a note saying "Merry Christmas From The Who". (That was the gig
where my pal and I had to move along the row, to allow Ringo Starr and his
kids - including a young Zak -  to all sit together... what a night).

Don't care about getting a daft Christmas gift - just PLEASE play "Pure And
Easy" and "After The Fire".

For those coming over from the US and elsewhere - the Empire is a small,
compact old theatre. It's standing-room downstairs, with a bar down the
right-hand side of the auditorium (I saw PT there last year, and enjoyed the
experience of having a beer, a chat with some great fans AND getting off on
some great music). It's intimate - similar I guess to Chicagao's HOB.

Oooooh - I've gone all foolish and tingly!!!

BTW - "Lifehouse 99 - The Radio Play" seems to have been as much a
revisitation of the original idea as were "Psychoderelict" and, to some
extent, Pete's plans for what turned into "Who Are You".

I guess 1971 was 1971, and this is now...

Ahhhh - who cares - the greatest bloody band in the history of greatest
bloody bands is up and running and doing their stuff ... this is GOOD!!!!

Sorry - rambling - Ok nurse, I'll take one of those little pink pills now,
and calm down ...

Simon in Liverpool