Re: Cite for Pete Interview

----- Original Message -----
From: <KHanc1965@aol.com>

>  Also, Matt Kent has already referred me to the radio times interview
which, when I checked it on the web, did not seem to contain this passage.

Maybe they cut it out?  Here is is uncut:
He married early himself to Karen, a primary-school teacher he met at art
school in 1963, and they have three children: Emma, 29, Aminta, 27, and
Joseph, 10. She supported him through many traumas ("She may well be heroic,
but she'd hate to be described in that way"), banishing him frequently to
the studio flat in the garden of their Twickenharn home when he drank. They
split for 18 months in 1982, got back together, but are now, sadly,
separated again. "Neither of us have new partners. For a long time I couldn'
t deal with friends whose marriages failed. If you renege on the biggest
promise you ever make, what's your word worth? It's very difficult to admit
publicly that I've had marriage difficulties to do with the fact that you
change as you get older. My pride is such that I find it hard to discuss.
Our relationship comprised so many years I don't even feel out of it, which
is strange. If one of us decides, 'Hey, enough is enough and we need to
bounce off and start a new life,' I suppose that would change things."

        -Brian in Atlanta