Stopping, getting together, thanking, collecting, refereeing, & sword-fighting

> Pete often talks about who at who concerts there was so much energy that
he
> thought everything would just "stop."

Nick:

I've had that experience too, but not as a musician. I distinctly remember
Raleigh 1989 Who show, where during the beginning of Behind Blue Eyes I
noticed that the audience was softly singing along with Roger. There was a
haze through the arena. I felt as if I was tripping on LSD, for that
moment.

> (O'Neal, Kevin)**** I always thought the first line was a cover from the
old
> classic 60's song (don't know the name).

Kevin:

It is; the song is Get Together and the band was The Youngbloods, first
released in 1967 but not a hit until the rerelease in 1969. Jefferson
Airplane also recorded an inferior version (IMHO).

> be another good choice for band that has continued "what The Who
began".***

To me they've always sounded more like Blue Cheer. Who covered a very
Who-like version of Summertime Blues a year after The Who first toured the
US, so I guess there's not too many bands able to escape the Who influence
sphere...

> was looking for.  I've sent an E to Paul asking what is happening.  No

Obviously it was a glitch, now repaired. And while we're at it, thanks
should go to Paul for making this list available to us all.

> Depends on how you define "few". I'd bet it will be literally decades
> before a sealed set will be worth significantly more unless this is a
> strictly limited edition, which it doesn't sound like.

Alan:

But that's the best part. Items done intentionally as "collectors items"
are much less appealing (and less valuable, later) to people like me than
general releases which become collectors items simply because of their
rarity.
But I suppose I'll be one of those who shell out $500 to get the Lifehouse
boxed set with the key. (sigh)

> banishment. I simply believe that orchestrated post-gangs and banishment
are not
> the way to deal with any perceived problem. What is needed is a referee,
not a
> mob.

Sean:

But who's to pay him/her for their time?

> Actually it's a single word, it's spelled Manowar. There are so many
people
> crazy about this band around here, it gets annoying. My own impression is
> that they are sick!

Iilya:

And not too bright, judging from their songs. Nice sword sounds, though.
Heavy Metal at its most Conan-like...great for a laugh. Who needs Spinal
Tap when we've got Manowar?

> All clear now bradda?

Kevin:

Well said and let this be the end of both topics. There's really nothing
left to say (nor does it serve anything), and what's done is done for
better or worse.

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/