Re: Pete's site is the new Western Front.

"O'Neal, Kevin W." wrote:

>         Jesus (no, the last time I checked he was not on this list :), just
> checked out Pete's site.  It's like a war zone.  Where did Sean get this
> conspiracy idea???  Sean, you seem to have a flair for the dramatic.  This

    I would love to discuss any topic rationally with you, but every post I send
on the subject never makes it to your list. I am wondering whether this one will
make it. Perhaps you can forward it for me if it "mysteriously" dies in transit
-- assuming you are against censorship.

    There is a fresh post contemporaneous with yours which forms a sufficient
basis for my assertion that several listers herein wanted to organize a set of
anti-fang posts. There is also a post on the Pete site calling for his
banishment. I simply believe that orchestrated post-gangs and banishment are not
the way to deal with any perceived problem. What is needed is a referee, not a
mob.

    Additionally, I will tell you in no uncertain terms that the efforts of Big
Pauley to censor viewpoints on this list speaks volumes about the quality of the
people who compose this place. If you think that property ownership rights make
it "ok" for listowners to provide a fraudulent forum for "discourse" on a
particular subject, you would be sadly mistaken. A person may or may not have a
legal right to block counterviews on this list, but doing so surely renders the
list nothing more than a worthless cyber rag of propaganda, and a cheap and
cowardly tool for attitudinal manipulation.

    I would hope you protest the censoring of counterpoint in any form forum.