PT chatroom

For those who are interested, here's the complete message from Matt and Pete
posted in the chatroom/forum.

>Chat Room Behaviour - Pete & Matt

Dear Chat Room contributors,

Rich Weiner (White Fang) has been removed from the Chat Room at my
request. I had a little 'conversation' with him and like so many before me
have realised that there is no way to reason with him. He seems to want
a certain list of technical and credit restitution’s to be carried
out, according to a court he himself has set up, with him as judge.
Anyone who disagrees gets treated to something like the Spanish
Inquisition, only more pedantic. He has made his points, they may or may
not be valid - indeed some of them do seem valid, but I think they are
really not as important as he makes out. That is my prerogative. He and
I think differently, that much is clear. But it's not right for me to
provide
anybody with this free and open chat room forum, if when they are
frustrated in some way they get personal, so childishly insulting
and so brutal. I seriously believe that Rich Weiner is a clever and sincere
fellow, and a real fan of the music he listens to. But hasn't he rather lost
the point? This is music. It's fun. It's art. It's life.
Life has glitches.

I'm sorry to have to bar anyone. For your information he is not the first
person to have been barred and will not be the last. Rich Weiner said in
his most recent posting that I can write to him as I know his
address. He too knows mine. He can still communicate with me directly,
and I suppose post our correspondence if he wishes to, but I don't want
to take part in this e-mail display he loves so much. It's like a
blood sport.

Rich Weiner also says he has many friends. I hope anyone who feels his
points are valid will not be too upset to lose this arena for his
disputations. I understand they can follow his machinations elsewhere.

If anyone cares to make a note of this, before Christmas I will be
available on line to talk. The date will posted early next week.

Pete Townshend

The access to the chat room has been changed slightly and no new
members will be allowed on at present. If your wanting to join please
bear with us. The reason for this is to give us time to go through the
existing members as it's obvious that certain people are logged on under
various guises. I'm sorry if some of you feel this is censorship in any way.
None of us like to be censored but having that freedom also carries a lot
of individual responsibility. I believe that responsibility has been lacking
in
a number of the posts. In future the posts will be removed, together with
the user, if they are offensive. I'm particularly sorry for this as I really
felt this facility was a way of the fans to communicate with Pete and
vice versa. I hope we can get back to that.

Matt