Re: WhoFest 1999

>    Roughly what year was the piece in India from? Could you
> provide us with any other details? I'd love to know more
> about it.

I believe it was from October 1975.  Pete flew out there for a week in the
middle of the U.K. By Numbers tour.  It shows Pete beautifully backlight by the
sun, wearing that sweater vest you've probably seen pictures of him in, sitting
in a courtyard with traffic zooming behind him.  In front of him, in a
semicircle, are about 7 people in deck chairs.  They seem to all be young
westerners which makes it odd when Pete describes himself as the author of
"Tommy" as if they would never have heard of him.  Before playing an acoustic
"Drowned" he describes the differences between Baba and rock & roll, saying that
the essence of rock & roll is "the desire to be misunderstood."

		-Brian in Atlanta