Whofests / meetings etc.....

Jeff Davis raises an interesting point. It's a great idea to have a
Whofest. Several people have suggested different parts of the country.
It's a lot of work and you have to decide on say how 'professional'
you want to be,how big you want to be and what might attract a lot of
people. eg. (Band members,roadcrew,family of band,writers,etc,etc)
Things have to be paid for,so you might have to charge admission.
   In our case in Myrtlebeach, we did just the opposite, the event
was free,we devised our own little agenda and did not really expect
too many people to show, (although roughly 20 people said they would
be there). Only a handful turned up but we still had a great time !
And everybody left very happy for making the trip.It's not as easy
as you may think to organise such an event and you have to be very
committed to making it work,no backing out halfway through. I will be
very happy to work with anyone that may be interested in a Whofest
for next year perhaps and is committed to making it work. Between
those of us who attended at MyrtleBeach we all agreed that we'd like
to do it again in a year or so. However for now and the very near
or immediate future it looks like we have some Who activity to enjoy.
Happy Whoing to you all !
Regards,
Derick.