Whofest: Day One minus one

>Just saw Roger on Rude Awakenings  on Showtime last night

Ellen:

And it's good to see that you're still out and about and listening to The
Who.

>Sounds like a nice little party.  Are you guys going to do it again next
>year?  Or is it somebody else's turn?

Keets:

Derick is here, and we spent the day talking about (and listening
to)...well, you know Who. A very nice day all around. Derick has had some
interesting personal contact with "the boys," but I'll let him tell you
about it. One of the things we did talk about is what we could do if this
one turns out to be a success...considering what we have in store for
attendees, I think that's a given (I hope so!). One a year would be nice,
and the location is definitely up for grabs for next year. I was thinking
the Smoky Mountains, if we do it in the summer again just because it's so
bloody hot here (but since Derick is from Florida, he doesn't seem to mind
it as much as I do). But as I say, it's up for grabs. I still think we need
to do three, one for each coast and one in the middle. All at the same time,
and in contact online (hey, why waste all this groovy technology?).

So...Captain's log, stardate Day One minus one. A day of conversation and
music, and a bit of planning for the rest of the week. Derick will be at the
Hard Rock tomorrow night (but I won't, because I'll be out of town all day)
for any early arrivals. He is going to leave word at the door, but I THINK I
talked him into wearing a Who shirt so that's something to look for. Tuesday
I'll be at the store after 11 AM (843-2937236) and expect any arrivals will
check in with me there, either in person or via phone or both. If you arrive
after 7 PM, though, we'll both be at the Hard Rock that evening.
I think things have started well, and I expect them to get better every day.
Let the games begin!