Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #189

Mark:

> Your full answer will come privately; for now suffice it to say it was in
 reality a sound bite since to explain the entire thing would add to the
 "stiff" image. Try to say it more accurately in one sentence; you cannot.
 And that, my conservative friend, is how things work. This is what you
 didn't understand.

Wow, you will go to great lengths to defend your hero.  GORE uses a gross
exaggeration to 'soften'
a stiff image?  That is hilarious.  Thanks for telling me how things work!

 >> As for Bill, what what can we say.

> We can say: congratulations for the great job and you're not as dishonest
 as George "Dubya" getting a photo made kissing a black child.

BULLETIN: Politicians have been kissing babies for decades!  Even ones that
are not of the same race!   As for Clinton, he's been called everything from
disingenuous, to deceitful, to a congenital liar, to a con-man and with good
reason; he's proven to his family, friends, staff/cabinet and to the American
public that he is all of these things (a good economy notwithstanding).

Give him this; Bill is a man of immense talent, energy and smarts.  The BEST
politician of his time.  He is also a deeply-flawed individual who up until
his Impeachment had always avoided "paying the bill."  Bill Clinton is, in
short, a reprobate.

Jim