Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #187

Mark:

<< Oh, trust YOU to do that! Hey, whatever happened to Bill getting thrown
 out, huh? Too bad. You missed again (as I told you you had in advance).

 > Pentagon way before GORE came to Congress.  This is what makes GORE's own

 > words so laughable - to quote him:  "It was as a result of my initiatives

 > during my service in the U.S. Senate that the Internet was created."

<< Apparently you don't understand how things work. Gore was 100% accurate
 with that statement; no matter who CREATED it, there has to be funding in
 order for it to exist and Gore was involved in authorship of the bill which
 funded it.>>

I'll tell you what I do understand; an exaggeration, an embellishment or even
a lie - that's what I understand and can readily recognize.   The Pentagon
created the Net and maintained it -  it's just ludicrous to claim you
'created' something that already existed.   That GORE authored a bill to make
more funds available is far different than the above bogus claim.

The ridicule he has been subject to as a result of this and other
'embellishments'  (he and Tipper inspiration for 'Love Story', his tough
childhood on the farm, campaign photo's with shipped-in cows, etc.) are not
only justified but symptomic of a near-desperate candidate trying a little
too hard to impress.  Also, who can forget him accepting donations from those
Buddhist nuns (who take a vow to live a life of poverty) and then, when
caught, calling it a 'community out-reach'  trip!!!

As for Bill, what what can we say.  He has presided over a good economy -
give him that; high marks for keeping Greenspan and appointing Rubin.
Unfortunately though, The Great Stain-Maker (with a propensity for using
Interns as 'human humidors' and a penchant for lying) has disgraced himself
and our Presidency.  His Impeachment (if not removal) was just.   In a nation
of laws the chief law-enforcement office of the land should not be allowed to
get away with perjury, obstruction of justice and witness tampering.

Hillary blames Bill's womanizing on 2 dead women - his Mom and Grandma and
the conflict between them during Bill's childhood.  I wonder why then did
Hillary stand by and let all those women Bill was linked to get trashed if
she knew Bill needed help (if not for the stained blue dress, Monica would
have suffered the same fate).   Now  Chelsea has her excuse if she suffers
from all this.  I do feel sorry for her.

Jim

P.S. You will recall postings by me from '96 and '97 that out-lined Bill and
Hill's scandals so that his Impeachment in late '98/early '99 goes along way
toward vindicating my earlier view of him.  After all, in '96 and '97 no one
even knew he had been saving himself the cost of a prostitute in the Oval
Office (once while talking to a congressman on the phone about Bosnia!).  We
know a lot more about Bill now and I trust we'll know even more after he
leaves office.