PT online

> Just to set the record straight

Jimbo:

Oh, trust YOU to do that! Hey, whatever happened to Bill getting thrown
out, huh? Too bad. You missed again (as I told you you had in advance).

> Pentagon way before GORE came to Congress.  This is what makes GORE's own

> words so laughable - to quote him:  "It was as a result of my initiatives

> during my service in the U.S. Senate that the Internet was created."

Apparently you don't understand how things work. Gore was 100% accurate
with that statement; no matter who CREATED it, there has to be funding in
order for it to exist and Gore was involved in authorship of the bill which
funded it.

> I don't think PT actually did ever claim that he invented the Internet.

MB:

I don't see how he could; however he could rightfully claim to have
predicted it in a very accurate manner.

> 'grid' as he called it too ? No wonder the audience etc...could not
> get it back then

Derick:

Hey, we weren't given the chance! It's taken this long to get the story
out.

> And now there is also Physcological abuse as Hillary claims re Bill's
> early years.

DAMN! You're RIGHT! PT predicted this period pretty accurately! Nostrodamus
WHO?

> Just symbolism.  Aren't we all wrapped in them, tinking away here at our
> keyboards.

Keets:

I don't think Pete was talking about symbolism; in the Lifehouse show from
BBC it appears people actually don the suits and "live a life," or an
experience anyway (experience suits is what they were called, after all).
While we might be going through keyboards now, as you say, there ARE plenty
of cameras out there attached to computers...not to mention speaking
devices...and since there ARE Virtual Realtity suits (in a manner), it's
just a short stretch to imagine it all connected and functioning. Maybe
within 5 years?

I've got to say that given SF writers accuracy of events (for instance,
2001 being a year we could send a ship to Saturn or Jupiter, depending on
if you're reading the book or watching the movie) I have to give Pete
credit for being pretty damned close!

> environmental.  Pete's strong point is that he speaks in such universal
> terms that we can't just interpret literally.

Well, it doesn't help that he's never really spoken clearly about this
particular story.