Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #185

MARK:

<< It reminds me sharply of those who take Al Gore's strong Senatorial support
 for the funds which created the Internet and say: "Oh, Al Gore says he
 invented the Internet. Ha ha ha!" >>

Just to set the record straight, no amount of 'strong Senatorial support'
could have allowed GORE to create the Internet; it was created by the
Pentagon way before GORE came to Congress.  This is what makes GORE's own
words so laughable - to quote him:  "It was as a result of my initiatives
during my service in the U.S. Senate that the Internet was created."   Ha Ha
indeed.

Jim