Re: bad song becomes good song:

I was really looking forward to hearing him do it when TOMMY (the
movie) came out.  Elton John had such a terrific voice back then, but
I was disappointed--Roger was better.

Somebody mentioned a while back that other musicians seem to have
problems with The Who's material.  The effects aren't easily
reproducable.  I have to admit, though, that Michael Kamen and the
Juilliard Orchestra took a pretty good whack at it.

keets

>From: "Blair, Jim (MLAMG)" <Jim_Blair@ml.com>
>To: "'The Who'" <thewho@igtc.com>
>Subject: bad song becomes good song:
>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:54:22 -0400
>

>  When I was a kid, my sister LOVED Elton John. So the first time I
heard
>"Pinball Wizard" by The Who,
>   I thought: this sucks, not as good as Elton's version.  Little did
I know