Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #103

Tom wrote:
>I only got into the Who after the Hyde Park concert, when I had only
actually gone to see Alanis Morissette and Eric Clapton. Although I'd heard
of the Who, I couldn't have named any of their songs (not even My Gen), and
I certainly didn't know what they looked like - they get no air time on my
radio or local tv. But their sheer stage presence and the crowds reception
got me hooked, especially Daltrey who with his eye patch, swearing and
microphone twirling looked like the scariest performer I had ever seen, and
instantly became my hero. If I hadn't seen them live there is probably no
way that I would be as into the Who as I am now.

This has probably already been covered but what the hell.  The eye patch
thing that Roger did was great.  Any other musician would have canceled
the performance.  "That's Power Fo Ya"  - Jimmy

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
215.653.0754 x 115
Fax:  215.653.0829