Who knows?

> So The Who never has been quite "hip" and they're not likely to be
> phat, either.  The big question is, can The Who play to a mostly
> young, female audience (which surveys show are buying the cds).

Keets:

What are you saying, that only young females can be hip?

> Did anybody notice the composition of the QUAD audiences?

As far as I can recall, at one of the MSG's and the Raleigh show it was
pretty much an even split. I will say that over the years I believe more
women became Who fans...back in the "old days" of TOMMY and WN etc, I don't
remember ever meeting a female who was into the band more than marginally
(I'm sure there were some, somewhere). However, the potential was always
there due to PT's songwriting...my guess is the sheer power and volume of
the band put them off in the face of James Taylor or Jim Croce (for
instance). I mean, how could a Joni Mitchell fan ever be a Who fan? I GUESS
it's possible, but it must be unlikely.
I don't remember too many female Zep fans, either. Or Mountain.
Women have come a long way since the `60's/`70's. Becoming a Who fan could
be as much a part of the process as burning a bra...who knows?

            Cheers                           ML

No. 752 in my series of stupid Rock lyrics:

"You want a piece of my heart/You better start at the start..."

           Loverboy