Sharing a Cher discussion

> Well, I was hoping for some discussion of how a new TED album or tour
might play in this landscape, but okay, we'll discuss Cher.

Keets:

Oh, I'm just always on the lookout for the best drugs, that's all. In the
interest of music appreciation, of course...not for any PERSONAL reason.
One must progress, you know.

> Actually, I was wondering how old McGee was.  Is 'hip' a current term
these days?

I was wondering that also. Phat is the last one *I* heard, but then I'm in
the South and we're always the last to know. I don't think one could
reasonably call Cher "phat;" she's quite thin actually. Liposuction, I feel
quite sure.

> I do think he's right that lots of different age groups will show up at
her concerts--all the old fans, and new ones, too.

The Who could say the same, and I don't hear anyone calling THEM extremely
hip.

> She's got a hit song/video playing on VH1.

I wouldn't say that counts. I could site numerous examples, Britany Spears
being the most obvious. Most hitmakers never are and never were "hip."
I mean...even I Got You Babe was never considered so, and don't even get me
started about Gypys Tramps and Thieves. Cher is much like Streisand; she
has a perpetual audience but no matter how she may try, she will always be
ridiculed on South Park.

> (Anybody notice Elton John was one of the "divas" this week?) <grin>

Yes, I did notice that. Funny, and I don't mean funny ha ha...

> Comments from anyone on this in relation to TED now?

Sure...no one is calling TED extremely hip.

            Cheers                           ML

"I thought you were being ironic/When you ripped your jeans..."

    Nils Lofgren