Re- Doug Sandom

Hi All. I'ts a nice idea Rich, and maybe perhaps somewhere in the
whole  thing  it could be possible for Doug to have some input, but
please ,let's be realistic. From the very start,Pete,Roger and John
as the Detours knew that eventually they had to get a new drummer.
Without any intended disrespect,Doug was a few years older than TED
and had been around the club circuit quite a while. It was either
Pete Meaden or someone that actually demanded they dump Him. He did
not fit in with the others, and their new intended image etc...Even
after they fired/dumped him, The Who with Keith Moon had no real
major success until the single 'I can't Explain' was released, which
is quite a considerable length of time. Why did'nt Doug find another
band to join? Why did'nt He have any success ? Even before joining
the Detours, considering that He'd been around a while ? And as far
as we know it,Doug more or less dropped from the scene entirely. It's
not even clear if Doug went on to at least find 'session' work or
something like that,just dropping off the scene into relative
obscurity. It's nice to be generous and maybe TED will do something
for their old bandmate,who knows, but I hardly expect to see Him on
the drums, not with the likes of Zak Starkey around,even if it is for
one number.He was not even on the scene when Keith died,The ONE
drummer who had played with them and had experience of the old days.
I sympathise with Rich's comments  but don't think it likely to
happen. Regards,
Derick.