Who's Who

Last Saturday night I saw Who's Who play in Brighton ("ooh - and my ears are
still ringing").  This tribute band have previously had some good reviews:

    "Check 'em out, they're the next best!" - R. Daltrey

    "Astounding, brilliant...." - P. Townshend

    "Dog's bollocks of a tribute" - Noel Gallagher

OK, so the experience wasn't as good as seeing the real Who live, but it
came close.  And how else am I ever going to see The Who play a set like
that, and manage to get down to the front of the stage?

The band have put a lot of effort into copying not just the look, sound, and
songs of The Who, but also their mannerisms and on-stage personas.  They
played all the singles in rough chronological order (AAA up to Squeeze Box),
with segments from Quad then Tommy.  Highlights of the evening for me
included Young Man Blues, Baba O'Riley, Bellboy and when the bright lights
shone on the audience at the end of We're Not Gonna Take It.  The band were
made up of:

    - "John": dressed smartly, hardly moving (unfortunately, his left hand
hardly moved either)
    - "Roger": jeans and denim shirt, big cross around his neck.  Smashed
cymbals during the MG finale.
    - "Keith": big grin, long hair, white T shirt with paunch and sweaty
armpits!
    - "Pete": white boiler suit, lots of jumps and windmills
    - "Rabbit": a keyboard player also wandered on and off the stage at
various points.

I guess I enjoyed myself more than anyone else in the hall that night.  The
morale of this story is, if you have the opportunity to see a Who tribute
band, then don't hesitate - just do it.  It makes for a great night out,
especially if you can get to see Who's Who.

For more information on Who's Who, email Whomail@aol.com

-MB