PT quote #1

Hello all,

While in London for the Convention I ran across a smallish book called
_Rock Talk_ edited by Joe & John Kohut, consisting of quotes on many
different subjects by many different people in rock. As you might imagine,
Pete's well represented and I thought it'd be fun to do a "Quote of the
Week" from him.  At that rate, there are about 3 months' worth of quotes in
the book. So here's the first (not all are this long):

What is this thing called rock 'n' roll? Some of it's sex, some of it's
drugs, some of it's hope, some of it's tragedy, some of it's family, some
of it is just driving a car down the freeway and trying to pretend there is
a tomorrow when there isn't.  Originally it was music that came from people
that were in trouble, and spoke deeply and hugely and heroically from deep
down in their soul.  Tha's what we inherit here today.  It's a real living,
breathing religion -- that's how I feel about it.

--PT, remarks at the ground-breaking ceremony for the Rock and Roll Hall of
Fame Museum in Cleveland, 1993.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)