Re: sell out/tv commercial

In a message dated 9/4/98 9.34.24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Nycnash333@aol.com
writes:

<< 8:18 pm CST.  I heard that familiar intro to I'm Free on a TV commercial.
It
 surely did NOT sound like The WHO playing the music, but then the lyric came
 on and it was definitely Rog.  The images were sepia-tone stunt cyclists and
 skaters, etc.
 I thought it was some MTV thing.  It would say "I'm Free" in lettering as Rog
 sang the lyric.  But at the very end over the vocals was the lettering "I'm
 Drug Free."  Ad for the Partnership for a Drug Free America.   Did anybody
 else see it?  How does this coincide with Rog being on the cover of the hemp
 magazine?  Was it Pete playing or a sound-alike? >>

I also saw this commercial. I think it might be only played in New York State
and it definitely sounds like Roger singing but I can't be sure. But I do know
that the rest of the Who doesn't play. It doesn't sound like the Who at all.