response to Greg

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Greg Marsh wrote:

> I must say I find fault and immediately dismiss those recent post by people
> who insist on talking about Keith Moon's ability as a drummer (which I
> immediately delete).  There is almost no room for such silly discussions
> here.  I found it really refreshing when a recent post contained a great
> quote from Keith himself, saying [paraphrasing] "I'm the best Keith
> Moon-type drummer".  He was a 100% right.  Who cares if he's "as good" as
> Neil Pert, John Bonham or Tito Puente.  It doesn't matter.

I agree these kinds of discussions are silly and that they don't matter,
but we have them anyway because we have opinions about them and because
they're fun!  If these kinds of topics are too silly for you, ignore them
or start a Who Mailing List for Really Serious People.  As long as the
content is relevant to the Who, please don't presume to tell people that
topics don't belong on the list.  As far as I can tell, we have enough of
a problem as it is getting people to join and post regularly.

Sincerely,

Bill Watson