Art Is Dead, They Say

> What is Art?

Jim:

I'll make it easy for you. Everything is Art, with varying degrees of
being appreciated.

> Let’s cite an example:  Paul McCartney, he’s perfect.

Uh...ex-CUSE me? Have you heard any of his albums after 1971?

> Secondly, an artist is a person who actually does this kind of work.

Greg:

I agree with this because it fits with the above...we're ALL artists,
with varying degrees of success moving others.

> art = anything created that moves you

Beautiful women, great food, breathtaking scenery, etc...hey, I've got
to agree with you too.

> The Times of London, the same paper that printed the article
> saying that rock stars shouldn't try to write classical pieces
> in reference to Ray Davies' new piece "The Flat Lands," just
> gave that piece a pretty decent review.  Guess some rockers
> do just have it in them.

Davies did do a very good job (IMHO) with the songs in the play Around
The World In 80 Days a few years ago. Then again, as big a Kinks fan as
I am I'm not going to be buying Flat Lands....just like I didn't buy any
of Zappa's symphony works (whereas I have most of his other stuff). It's
not my cuppa, however I will readily admit it is Art.

--

 "You take the guns...I'll keep the women."
             what David Koresh should have said

                      Cheers                ML