Art, A Bug's Life, and A Rocker's Life

Two friends of mine have told me that the trailer for the upcoming
film "A Bug's Life" features "Baba O'Riley".  Thought y'all might be
interested to hear that!

Brian wrote:

>But here's the question that's being begged.  Why is rock this way?
>Because the fans and critics wouldn't let it be anything more and
because
>almost all rock musicians weren't capable of anything more, or
because the
>form of rock music itself meant it couldn't be more?  Was it doomed
the
>moment it left the cradle or was there another path that just wasn't
followed?

I think this is the discussion I've been waiting for my whole life!
Or at least for my whole life as a Who fan. :)  This is something I
actually know about - ART!  I would never say, as McGoo did, that
rock cannot ever be art.  I would be hesitant to say that there is
anything that cannot be art.  It isn't a genre, or a medium, or a
format that makes something art - it is the artist.  I once had an
art class with a young woman who made a delightful sculpture from
broken headphones.  If an artist wishes to apply her talents to old
headphones, then old headphones will become art.  If an artist wishes
to apply her talents to rock music, then rock music will become art.
Sadly, the inverse is also true - if rock lacks artists, then rock as
an art form dies.  The silver lining is that art forms, like soap
opera characters, don't always stay dead.  As long as there are
artists, there is hope for rock as art.

-Yellow "The first mammal to wear pants" Ledbetter