Uppitty Rock Stars

There's an interesting article in today's The Times of London where a music
critic reflects on Ray Davies' commission for an oratorio and again decries
rock stars feeling they have to write beyond the three-minute single.  One
of his statements is that "Tommy" will soon be forgotten while "My
Generation" will live forever.

This is rather a sore point with me.  I feel that the basis of this is an
ingrained prejudice that WORKING CLASS ROCK STARS SHOULD STAY IN THEIR
PLACE.  I also think that this prejudice and its effect of limiting rock to
three minutes and three chords is why rock is nearly dead today.  What are
your thoughts?

				-Brian in Atlanta