Who-sker Du

Hey Dawser,

If you're still in the Husker Du mode and looking for a good starter
disk, here are a couple of ideas for a first Husker purchase:

1.  Warehouse:  Songs and Stories - a good starter because this was the
Husker's first and only "commercial" album released.  Coincidentally, it
was their last release as a group.  It's a good starter because it's not
as hard edged as the other Husker albums. It's harder than granite
compared to most bands, but for the Huskers, it was pretty low key.
Very enjoyable tunes.

2.  New Day Rising - A full blown assault on your listening abilities.
The songs are hardcore but the melodies are still there.  Kind of like
the Beatles on speed and Jolt Cola.

3.  Flip Your Wig - Same as New Day above, but contains the song "Divide
and Conquer" which could be their greatest song ever.

NOTE:  Hold back on getting Zen Arcade until you're more familiar with
the band.  It is a MONSTER recording and could possibly scare the shit
out of you.  If you doubt my word on any of these selections, just ask
Pamela in Wisco.  She'll steer you right too.  Besides, if you love The
Who, then I'm sure you'll find something you'll like/love in Husker Du.

Pamela, am I right?

Have a great week all....

Jim in Chicago

"Goodbye Sister Disco, take me where the music fits my soul..."  PT