PT weekly quote #11

Pete's was so short this week that I threw in a bonus quote from Keith.

I smash guitars because I like them.

 -- Pete Townshend (quoted in _Rock Talk_ by Joe & John J Kohut, Faber &
Faber: Boston, London, 1994, p. 163).

When Pete smashed his guitar it was because 'e was pissed off ... When I
smashed me drums, it was because I was pissed off.  We were frustrated.
You're working as hard as you can to get that fucking song across, to get
that audience by the balls, to make it an event.  When you've done all
that, when you've worked your balls off and you've given the audience
everything you can give, and they don't give anything back, that's when the
fucking instruments go, because: "You fucking bastards!  We've worked our
fucking balls off!  And you've given us nothing back!"

 -- Keith Moon (ibid).

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)