Re; Moon Film Wars

1. I think Dougal/DeNiro's film looks commercial but
may not be.  "Arthur" and "My Favorite Year" were
probably it for a while in the "funny drunk" category.
Now, I think, critics will blast a light-hearted look
at that crazy Moon by bringing up his early death as a
result of all that high living, even if the film
doesn't.  Moon's lifestyle, as enjoyable as it must of
been to those around him back then, runs completely
across the grain of our present neo-puritanism.

2. As for Roger's film, he's been trying to get this
made for over ten years now and it seems no closer to
completion than it was then.  And if the project's
sitting at WB, God help him.  With all their disasters
over the past year and multiple firings of executives,
they're not going to take the slightest chance with
anything expensive or risky.  And won't it hurt to have
two Moon film projects and have neither of them made?

			-Brian in Atlanta