Pete/Bob Mould

Jim in Chicago re:

>career as singer/songwriter/monster-guitarist from the band Husker Du
>(IMHO - the closest live band to The Who, since the Who.)
>He has gone on to do solo work along with another band, Sugar.

   He also has at least 1 solo album "Songbook" (?) -  maybe 2.

>Anyway, Bob Mould, took a hiatus from live performing and credits a
show
>he did with Pete ("my hero") for getting him excited about performing
>again.  Apparently, this show took place last year.  Anybody know
>anything about it?  I would love to know.

   It was actually in '96 on the 3rd and 4th of May. Mould was the
opening act as opposed to actually performing *with* Pete. The venue
was a place called The Supper Club in New York City. (I wasn't on
the net at that time and found out about these shows on the evening
of the 2nd show! Boy, did that ever bite...)

>Husker Du album recommendations:  Zen Arcade (Rolling Stone mag's Top 5

>Album of the 80's.  A rock opera double-album; rivaled ONLY by
>Quadrophenia), New Day Rising (another of Rolling Stone's greatest
>albums of the 80's) or Warehouse: Songs and Stories.  You can't go
wrong
>with any of these.

    I aree with you 100% - great albums from a great band. I haven't
spun those in years but now I'm in the mood. Off the top of my head,
"Hare Krsna" off "Zen Arcade" is akin to "Magic Bus" live.

Stoo