Re: damn...

>Granted music is not my area of expertise, but that's why I have
musicians for friends.  And think I'm the fool because I like The Who.
They generally believe it to be total crap, but I am forced to disagree.
I only think that the music is total, nonprogressive crap.  I think the
lyrics are pretty good, but not the height of lyrical wonderment.

Beware what you're getting into here.  Have any of your musician friends
looked at Townshend music?  Recall what Roger said was so much fun about
the DST orchestra tour?  It was in watching all the elitist classical
musicians saunter in and then start to sweat when they saw the score.
The music has unusual chord progressions and abrupt key changes.  The
baselines tend to be very fast and highly complex as well, based as they
are on Moon and Entwistle's talents.  Got the DST CD?  Play the
"Overture" for your friends and then ask for their opinions again.

keets