Re: damn...

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:34:02 -0600, Alan McKendree
<amck@thenetdr.com> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>>but I don't flaunt
>>this.  I mentioned my degrees ONCE.
>
>You may call it mentioning, I'd say you flaunted it once, at me in fact,
>and in a pretty snippy manner to boot:

Aha! So you're one of them ignorant folks what doesn't have PFUDD!
That explains a good deal, I would say.<g> Like those PT quotes,
BTW. Keep 'em coming.

>>>I did NOT spend six years in graduate school to have it all dismissed in one
>>>sentence by you.  For your information, I EARNED my Ph. D. three years ago,
>>>hence the reason I said I HAVE a Ph. D.  Don't forget what those tenses
>>>mean.

Half the PhD's I know couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the
instructions were written on the heel. All it takes is a few faculty
meetings to realize that there is no correlation between having a
PhD and having:

a. a brain;
b. the sense that God gave geese;
c. a life.

However, if the person in question is an MLA member, the uncertainty
is considerably reduced.

Finally, I propose that we make Kelly the official intellectual of
this list. Anyone who can casually bring Julian of Norwich into the
discussion must surely be worthy.;-)

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/