Re: Scene Club

On Wed, 20 May 1998 14:04:22 -0500 "Mick Buck" <buck006@austin360.com>
wrote:

>I believe he sang that way on purpose.  In issue #5 of Naked Eye,
>there's an
>interview with Daltrey in which he makes mention of this vocal
>"phenomenon".
>And I quote, "I used to sound like Howling Wolf.  If you listen to the
>Marquee tapes I sound more like Howling Wolf than Howling Wolf does!

You can notice it on the "My Generation" LP.  Daltrey sings the earlier
tracks like "Please Please Please" and "I'm a Man" (probably recorded in
March) at a much lower pitch than the later songs like "The Kids Are
Alright" (recorded in October).  From there he went on to "I'm a Boy."
It was indeed quite a shift!

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]