Re: "Import" Review

On 05/17/98 07:53:10 you wrote:

>According to the Concert File, this was the show that Lambert and Stamp
>filmed.  So you're guessing that the audio might come from the
>soundtrack?  Jeez, wouldn't that be one film to turn up somewhere!

Exactly.  It amazes me that people can't figure out that this is a professional
recording.  It sounds a whole lot better than any audience tape would have.  You
must remember the times, it's 1964 for crying out loud.  A young unsigned band,
with limited equipment, budget, and filmmaker managers more concerned with image
are not going to make Live at Leeds.  Besides the technology simply wasn't there.
The sound is a balanced mono recording good enough for a film soundtrack.  As for
the film itself you can see bits of it in TKAA and WBWB (Can't Explain).

Bruce