Transsexuals on Ice Doing "Tommy"

Alan,

> >"Hedwig and the Angry Inch," on page 81:
>
> Yow.  I'll let you make up your own punch line here...:-O

It IS about a male-to-female sex-change operation that goes terribly
wrong, so you can take it (or not) from there!  And I can't think of
anything Whoish to go along with this:  None of the anecdotes about PT's
sexual preferences, the exact size of RD's "package," or KM's humorous
cross-dressing even come close to major, "package"-inverting surgery!

> >"[John Cameron] Mitchell, who has acted on Broadway ('The Secret
> >Garden') and in TV sitcoms ('Party Girl'), had wanted to do a rock
> >musical ever since being 'annoyed' by Broadway's 'Tommy.'  'Rock on
> >stage is always submerged, diluted,' he says.  'I wanted to do
> something
> >that was truly rock 'n' roll and truly theater.' "
>
> Oooo, big talk from someone I've never heard of, much less recognize
> as
> having anything to do with rock.  If he can beat _Tommy_, I'll be the
> first
> to tip my hat to him (hell, if he can beat _Tommy_, I'll do more than
> that
> :-), but I'm far from holding my breath.  Come on, Mr.
> Mitchell...knock me
> out.

Well, if his life has taken the same path as the protagonist of his
musical, you could date him/her!

--Cheryl