Re: Boots `n Boys `n Dogs `n Singles `n My My...

> Wish Capitol would release the stereo mix as a single disc

Carolyn:

SO DO I!!!!

> I agree re The Who.  As for ARTIFACTS, I'm too poor to afford
> two 5 CD boots (just trying to scratch up enough for TAFKAP's
> latest set!), but I'll keep it in mind if I ever win the lottery.

You never know. I picked up both used for $150, and that ain't bad for
10 bootleg discs. It's the best Beatles boot collection I've heard.

> I'm A Boy (MBBB version)<
>
> Whoa!  Don't you mean the WHO'S MISSING version?

No; it was redone (remixed or a different take) for MBBB. I should have
included Signal-30 and the MBBB version of Magic Bus (the best sounding
version I've ever heard) on the list. This particular MB is stereo and
over 4 minutes long, unlike the MBBB CD version which is listed on the
box as 4+ minutes but is actually the shorter version.
Another song I also missed is the alternate vocal version of Eyesight To
The Blind found on the gold disc release of TOMMY. Gee, it seems there's
always "more at the door!"

> I'd hope that if/when MG is released, that they'll use
> the British version...altho you never know w/MCA....

At the moment it looks like MG will NOT be rereleased.

> >Dogs Part Two<
>
> What a silly song. <g>  Just a comment, MHO.

Still...I mean, as far as I'm concerned I have all of these on CD or
tape so *I* don't NEED them. I'd like to see them out for those who can
get them now, though. Remixed would also be nice.

> >Circles (2nd version)<
>
> You mean the one that was on the EP, or the
> one on THE WHO SING MG?

The one which was rerecorded by The Who (produced by the band) during
the legal battle with Talmy and included on one of the MISSING discs.

> I also prefer Talmy's version.

Maybe if it was cleaner.

> As far as the single versions of WGFA and WAY
> go, this is something I could live without.  I consider
> WGFA an abortion of the full track, but I suppose
> from a collector's POV, it'd be worth having.

It was the first version I heard (I bought the 45, which was released
before the album and had I Don't Even Know Myself as the B side), and
really moves along. I already have it on SINGLES, but it IS an
out-of-print track. The so-called WAY single they've released on CD
actually isn't, because it doesn't substitute "Who the HELL are you..."
for a certain other very similar phrase...
Right; I know. It's nitpicking. But if there's room on the disc, why not
include them?

> >Won't Get Fooled Again (NYC sessions)
> Getting In Tune (NYC sessions)
> Shaking All Over (complete version w/Spoonful from LAL)<
>
> These have been officially released?  I must've
> missed that...where & when?  Or are they from boots?

So far they've only been released on the boots From Lifehouse To Leeds
and Lifehouse At Leeds, however the other songs from this session have
been released by MCA (most recently Love Ain't For Keeping on O&S).
Unless you count the P&E included on the remixed WN; either they took
the vocals over "There once was a note/LISTEN!" out (Rog screaming:
"Puuuure and EE-SAY!") or it's another version entirely from the same
session. I suspected the former but have been told it's the latter. If
this is true, there may be other versions from the session which haven't
been released even on boots. Uh oh...

> I never knew that "Shakin' All Over" wasn't the full song.

Both SAO and YMB were edited for the release. At least those two, maybe
others.

> "My My,"

Rick:

My My???? Are you sure it's not My My Hey Hey?

--

            Cheers                ML

"We all know success/When we all find our own dreams..."
                                              Pete Townshend