we close tonight

ML,

How's it going?  You made some good points.  The thing that got me thinking
about this song is the number of inaccuracies that have been made in the liner
notes.  It would not surprize me if someone at MCA didn't do their homework.
Also, Pete doesn't remember ever playing the song Melancholia to the band as a
demo, for example, and yet their is a full group version of it.  It is
possible that he forgot about the song.  Or, it is possible that it was done
with only John and Keith (similar to In The City).  You mentioned the lyric
writing too.  One of the things that really hooked me on the Who was Pete's
often-times phenomenal lyric writing.  We Close Tonight, if Pete wrote it, is
really weak for his standards.  Just my thoughts................

Mike