Re: Pete Muzaked

Carolyn wrote:

>Was on hold today for an insurance company
>& heard the strangest thing...a Muzaked version
>of "Hiding Out".  At first, I thought it was the real
>thing, as the backing track was fairly close to
>the original; but then a flute came tootling in on
>the melody line.  Bizarre.  I can figure "Behind
>Blue Eyes" or something like that, but "Hiding
>Out"?  How many folks apart from Who fans
>have even heard it before?
>
>Anyway, thought it might amuse you guys.

What you might have heard is the rare instrumental version of this track
(which I haven't listened to in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if it fits
your description.  I'll have to dig it out of my collection...).

This instrumental was on a 12" German single, ATCO 258 679-0, and has an
"extended" version of the LP song on the A-side with the instrumental plus
"Crashing By Design" on the B-side.  (On a related note, a Spanish 45 has a
remixed version of the LP track as the A-side.)

But in EITHER case (Muzak or Pete's own instrumental), you're entirely
correct that it's very suprising that you heard this!

Bogie