Roger and Twiggy

My father reviews books for a local newspaper and recently had to review
Twiggy's autobiography.  In it she makes mention of Roger while
complaining how difficult it is to get a hit single in England:

"The problem with England is the Radio One playlist.  If you can't get on
it, it's almost impossible to get a hit record.  I remember when I was
doing 'Matchgirl' with Roger Daltrey him bemoaning the same which amazed
me.  You can hardly get more famous in the rock world than Roger Daltrey
of The Who and even he couldn't make the playlist with the single he'd
just put out.  There are hundreds of records that never get heard.  A
rather sad, limiting state of affairs, down to the vagaries of the
producer's decision, I suppose."

The book has a photo of her and Roger from 'The Little Matchgirl'

For those of you who like such morsels...

Regards,

Denis Bowler
dbowler@pcug.org.au

Visit The Who in Australia at: http://www.pcug.org.au/~dbowler/who.html