Re: "Get Out..."

And Sean Wilson wrote:

>> 2.  Is "Get Out..." a demand that closeted individuals be
>> open about their sexual preference?
>
>Rich, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. If you are
>being literal, the song was a filler written for the
>Quadraphenia movie, and is about Jimmie being thrown out
>of his house. It's just a story filler -- much
>like "welcome" on Tommy.

This was indeed an effort on my part to be tongue-in-cheek, but given that
Pete himself regularly reinterprets his own songs, I figure it's healthy not
to always take his lyrics at face value.  Heck, it wasn't until last year
that I learned about "Let My Love Open The Door" being a Meher Baba song!

--Rich B.